CHECK IT. SON!

Just watched this video interview of Stjepan Hauser & Luka Sulic  (2 Cellos) and I have to say I love it. As a cellist I can relate to SO much of what they're saying. Their love and passion for the cello and hilarious description of its curves. Oh yes.... let me share...

As a kid when I first was introduced to strings, thanks to my older sister (a violinist and student at Berklee College of Music) I remember being teased and called the worst things by some people telling me that I was 'in love' with my cello, to go be with my 'girlfriend' and so on...  And you know what? Yeah. The cello is full of win. An instrument that cuts to your soul and does squeeze it like they said! Is it any wonder I was drawn to it? It is one attractive instrument in beauty and sound.

What's more, I agree, classical music is so rich and beyond fantastic, and it's not the music that's boring in the end, but the musician. I found myself taking classical to a different level of exploration, wanting to jam with it, and rock out with my cello, create and innovate. I love classical and play it how I feel it, whether it's a traditional classical piece or a contemporary pop/rock song that I want to play on it too.

Have enjoyed following the Hauser Sulic musical journey's and so it's even nicer to know that much of what's at the core of their style, I can relate to.

Enjoy and be sure and follow them on YouTube and Twitter!
  

Labels: , ,